Monday, April 14, 2008

Monday Check In

As usual, the weekend was WAAAAAYYYY too short. I got some grading done, watched my nephew's soccer game, wrote my bare minimum for the writing challenges, got some serious reading done and got some good ideas flowing for Danger's revisions.

I decided to take another week off from Danger even though I'm jotting notes and thinking about ways to make it better. I just feel very strongly that another week will do me and my muse wonders. Besides, the book fair will be over and my obligation to be at work for 10-11 hours a day will be completed.

I figure next weekend I'll be chomping at the bit to get back to work. Just in time too. I've got a contest deadline coming up that requires a synopsis. I've got the skeleton 1 pager from another contest, but this one needs to be bigger and better. By now I should be able to expand the 1 pager in all the right places.

Lastly, a writer friend reminded me that the Fab 5 contest should be announcing finalists soon. I'm trying not to get my hopes up. There are 3 of us from the Austin RWA group (that I know of) that entered. Fab 5 is a great contest. It was my very first contest back in 2002. I came in 3rd from the bottom in the romantic suspense category, but I got such awesome feedback. (The very next year I entered again with a different manuscript and won the category!) Keep your fingers crossed for my friends and me! (If you entered, let us know so we can cross our fingers for you too.)

No comments: