Saturday, April 05, 2008

Celebrate With Me!!!!

Woohoo! The rough draft of Dance Away, Danger is DONE!! That's right. D-O-N-E!

I'm so excited about it! Yes, I have TONS of work still ahead of me, but all the major details are revealed and now I can dream about how much better I'll be able to make the story on the next round! (In case you've forgotten, I'm one of those odd people who loves the revision process.)

My goal this weekend is to clean up, reorganize and revise chapters 2 & 3 to send to the CP and then I'm taking a week off. Maybe 2. I need a break in between drafts. Caitlin (my muse) has requested a short vacation and so I'm going to grant her that. Can't have her revolting when I start revisions, now can I?

And what am I going to do to celebrate being done with the rough draft? Today I'm going to the bookstore! Have a great day!

6 comments:

Nita Wick said...

WooHoo! "The End" is sooooooo sweet! I'm hoping to type those two little words on my western soon.

Take your well-deserved break and do some reading. LOL That's what I do. I tell myself I can't read anything until I finish the draft. A few good books are my reward. :)

Lexi said...

Thanks, Nita! Good luck to you!

Elisabeth Naughton said...

WOOHOO!!! WAY TO GO!!!

Congrats on finishing. I'm inching along behind you, hoping to finish in the next few days. Unfortunately, I won't have any time off and my muse is not happy about that, but such is life. ;) She needs to learn to get with the program.

I love the bookstorea as a reward. I have Rocki St. Claire's latest release sitting on my desk but I'm not letting myself read it until this wip is finished. That'll be my reward.

Lexi said...

Thanks, Elizabeth! It's a pretty great feeling! I figure I can give myself this week, 2 weeks off since once I sell I may not have the luxury.

Travis Erwin said...

Congrats on finishing the rough draft. I'm about two weeks away from finishing my WIP so I'm envious.

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo!!! Congrats!!! :)