Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Update

Well, I didn't final in the Fab 5 and neither did my friends. That's okay. I still think it's a great contest. Congratulations to all the finalists!! Great accomplishment! As for my entry, what I sent surely was my best effort at the time, but it got so much better in later drafts. We'll see how it fares in the next round of contests.

My "food plan" took a direct hit when I went out for pizza tonight and they had my favorite-Hawaiian (you know, pineapple and ham). To make up for it though, I went to the gym and walked 3 miles on the treadmill while I watched The Biggest Loser. That show is very inspiring! I don't have nearly as much weight to lose as those people, so watching them makes me feel like a wuss for any complaining I do!

Tomorrow's hump day. I get to work the book fair until 6pm. We've barely made ANY money. I can't wait until it's over.

I only have a few more days off from my writing so I'm off to make the most of my time and read!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hugs for the non-final. I was too late to the party and the Fab 5 was full by the time I entered. So, no feedback for me.

Congrats on finishing the manuscript. I've been in a deep funk so no work for me. But Spring has sprung here in the tundra and I'm emerging from my cave after my winter hibernation.

Best of luck with future finals. Your writing is great. A toast to all the success yet to come.

TJ Brown said...

I love the biggest loser and was so happy when Ali won. What an accomplishment. I wish I had that drive. But I did notice that the people who were on the ranch longer tended to be the biggest losers... Brittany lookd gorgeous, didn't she?
Teri

Lexi said...

Aw, thanks, Cat! You just made my day!

Lexi said...

Teri, that was actually the first time I ever watched the Biggest Loser, but I will watch it again.