Sunday, April 27, 2008

In Between With A Positive

I'm feeling a bit better, but not quite well enough to get back to all I want to do. So I'm staying on the couch and I'm reading and napping.

On my last check of e-mails, I received one from the Charter Oak RWA chapter. Dance Away, Danger finaled in their contest, the Golden Acorn Contest! I have a week to revise if I choose, revamp the synopsis and mail it back to the contest coordinator. It's the first final for this manuscript and it will soon be off to a Harlequin editor for final placement. Oh, and how cool was this? One of my judges said, "Overall impression is that you’re not a beginning writer. You have studied your craft and know how to put this together....Keep writing. We need more writers like you." That just made my day!

14 comments:

Unknown said...

YEAH!!!! Way to go Lexi. See, the first of many I'm sure!!!

Tez Miller said...

Finalling! Praise! Yay, so happy for you! :-)

Have a lovely day! :-)

Lexi said...

Thanks, Cat! And to think, I've revised since I sent the entry!

Lexi said...

Thanks, Tez. I wish I felt better so I could celebrate properly.

TJ Brown said...

Awesome Lexi!
Teri

Lexi said...

Thanks, Teri!

Kelly Boyce said...

Yay! congratulations!! And great comment. Got to love that!

Anonymous said...

Yay, Lexi, that's excellent. Best of luck in the final round!

Sorry to hear about your illness. I've nearly recovered from a Very Bad Head Cold, so I know just how you feel. It's been 2 weeks, and I'm still blowing.

Cripes, it took me 3 or 4 tries to figure out the captcha. Why are they mangling it so much?

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Lexi! That's a double dose of awesomeness!!

Lexi said...

Thanks, Cindy. I'll take all the luck I can into the final round.

Lexi said...

Thanks, Nicole!

Avery Beck said...

Congrats on the final! Glad you're feeling better. :-)

Lexi said...

Thanks, Avery. Yeah, I'm feeling better just in time to go back to work!

Lexi said...

Oops, forgot to say thanks to Kelly as well! And yes, I'm still dancing over that judge's comments! (Well, dancing when I'm not coughing up a lung or searching for more tissues.)